Become the support for the clients who may need you the most, those referred to you by their GP.
By becoming a Level 3 specialist in Exercise Referral you will learn how to design training sessions for patients with a number of medical conditions and common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme.
The exercise referral qualification will build on the skills already attained at level 2 or level 3. Learners must hold a minimum level 2 certificate in GYM or Exercise to Music to enrol.
Rewarding work in a unique role helping those in your community who are referred directly to you.
The Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Unit 1: Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Unit 2: Professional Practice for Exercise Referral Instructors
- Unit 3: Understanding Medical Conditions for Exercise Referral
- Unit 4: Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity
- Unit 5: Planning Exercise Referral Programmes with Patients
- Unit 6: Instructing Exercise with Referred Patients
- This qualification is assessed by:
- Coursework / Theoretical case study
- Multiple choice question paper
- Practical Demonstration / Session and Self Evaluation
- Portfolio of evidence.
- Guided Learner Hours: 242